Components of a vehicle's exhaust system
At our garage, we thoroughly inspect your car's exhaust system, which includes the following components:
- Exhaust pipes
- Exhaust manifold
- Cylinder heads
- Catalytic converter
- Tailpipe etc.
Why is a routine check of your car's exhaust system important?
An automobile’s exhaust system comprises several parts, all of which need to perform optimally to keep the vehicle roadworthy and safe. Some of its key functions are stated below:
- Your car's exhaust system eliminates the toxic by-product gases (like carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, etc.) from the controlled combustion inside the engine. It makes sure your car engine performs efficiently without any lag.
- It filters the toxic fumes and purifies the exhaust gases before releasing them into the environment. Hence, a perfectly functioning exhaust system ensures your car maintains all legal emission standards.
- Moreover, it prevents harmful gases from passing into the driver and passenger cabins and reduces the risk of health issues.
Therefore, you must opt for professional repairing garage for exhaust service Telford, Wellington from experts like us.
What are the symptoms of a faulty exhaust system?
If any component of your car's exhaust system is damaged, you will come across some prominent warning signs, such as:
- A significant decrease in fuel economy.
- Vibrating gas pedal.
- Excessive engine rumbling noise.
- A reduction in your vehicle's power and acceleration.
- A strong stench of noxious gases.
- Hanging exhaust pipe.
- Misfiring engine, etc.
If you detect any of these symptoms, delay no further. Drive down to our garage at the earliest.